View or download STAR OF WONDER info sheet/press release here.
ABOUT THE CD
During the Christmas season, we see “Star(s) of Wonder” everywhere. They represent that holy star that was a vivid symbol to the wise men that the miraculous birth they had awaited for so long had occurred, and then led them directly to the tiny manger stall they sought. We keep the tradition of that symbol alive at Christmas to remind us of the miracles all around us and keep us vigilantly hopeful for an arrival at a place of comfort and fulfillment.
For us, the Star of Wonder represents the brilliantly sparkling memories of Christmas traditions with loved ones, and the warm, radiant glow that being home for the holidays brings to our hearts! So the songs we have chosen each have a special reason for being included; from tunes we grew up listening to, to musical memories we've been blessed enough to create through the years, to songs we've been gifted with by dear friends, each one is a glimpse into what Christmas is to Dangerous Curves!
LISTEN TO TRACKS
- Recorded & Mixed by Rob Hyatt, E3 Studios; Additional Recordings by Darin Presley & Brian Bissell; Mastered by Chuck Foley at UNLV Recording Studios; Keyboards by Dan Ellis, Michael Gonzalez, Trini Garza; Drums & Percussion by Darin Presley; Acoustic Guitar by Brian Bissell & Kris Farrow; Photography by Jenna Thall of Killer Imaging; Make-Up & Hair by Megan Mulligan Wunder (www.makeupwunder.com).
- We are so very fortunate to be inspired not only by those we admire, but by those who are close to us. “Star of Wonder” and the “Hallelujah Chorus” moved us so much when we heard The Roches do them, we just knew we had to sing them! With that, we'd like to thank The Roches, sisters Maggie, Terre and Suzzy for their beautiful renditions of those songs.
- “I'll Be Home for Christmas” is an iconic song that speaks of the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you to Rascal Flatts for the inspiration of this arrangement, and to Ms. G. for helping us transcribe our vision to paper.
- We would also like to thank our amazingly talented friend Trini Garza for his beautiful, original arrangements of "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / Breath of Heaven."
- Lastly, Lisa and Karen met and became friends because of an amazing group they were in, called The Young Americans. The arrangement for “Winter Wonderland”, always one of our favorites, was influenced by that time in our lives, and we are so grateful once again to incredibly talented arranger Trini Garza for helping us recreate that.